EquiMud - Natural, Caring, Effective.
EquiMud - is a strong and powerful mud dressing for horses to treat skeletal and soft tissue injuries as well as the following:
● Routine preventative use after work and Reducing swelling in soft tissue injuries to the lower leg (see below video for method of application)
● Hair loss from rubbing or injury (EquiMud naturally accelerates hair regrowth). For best results EquiMud should be applied and covered with a warm damp towel secured by a rug or bandages. This may not always be possible, depending on the area requiring treatment. The mud will still accelerate hair regrowth if left uncovered but it will take a little longer.
● Mud fever - apply a liberal (1-2 cm) covering of EquiMud to the affected area and leave uncovered overnight, wash off in the morning and dry legs thoroughly. Re-apply daily.
● Cracked heels - similar application to Mud Fever
● Sweet itch - similar application to Mud Fever
● Thrush - wash the area thoroughly and pack the hoof capsule with the mud, cover with a plastic bag and bandage the hoof to secure. Wash off in the morning and reapply daily.
● Rain scald - Apply a 1-2 cm covering of mud to the affected area. Cover the mud with a damp towel soaked in warm water (wrung out to remove excess water). Rug the horse over the towel and leave overnight. Wash off and reapply daily.
Do not use EquiMud on open wounds or areas of skin that are bleeding, instead using VetGold Cream (see VetGold Cream product page).
EquiMud is Certified by LGC Laboratories Newmarket to be free from any substances prohibited under BHA and FEI regulations.
● EquiMud contains Dead Sea mud, which is used for treating sore muscles as well as joints and soft tissue aches and pains.
● Dead Sea mud is rich in minerals with a high concentration of magnesium (MgCl 34.43%). This is crucial for horses, who often suffer from magnesium deficiency. The natural occurring magnesium found in Dead Sea mud and salt is quickly absorbed by the horse, providing much needed ingredients for daily functions.
● Dead Sea mud, besides being one of the best cleansers and exfoliators of dead skin cells, provides nourishment needed by skin/muscle cells to properly and naturally regenerate and maintain the natural elasticity and vitality of the cells.
● Dead Sea mud is known for its high cooling and soothing abilities.
● Dead Sea Mud will not dry the skin by absorbing its moisture, will not clog the hair follicles and will not weaken the coat’s roots.
● EquiMud also contains lavender oil, which is capable of soothing irritations and reducing inflammation.
● EquiMud’s unique and powerful combination of 24 Dead Sea minerals and plant extracts include the following:
1. False yellow head, woody fleabane, sticky fleabane –used for thousands of years to treat inflammation of the joints, as well as fungal and bacterial inflammations.
2. Tree Wormwood – relieves pain and swelling.
3. Cucumber- provides relief from pain and itching and is very soothing and calming.
4. Avocado Oil – Rich in vitamins, it nourishes the skin whilst reducing muscle contraction and pain. Also softens and moisturises the skin.
5. Dead Sea Salts – like mud, rich in minerals with high concentration of natural magnesium which the horse absorbs via its skin. It is crucial for the horse’s health, as magnesium deficiency affects performance, focus and behaviour.
6. Linseed oil – Rich with Omega 3, it treats arthritis and skin inflammation, swelling and pain. Also serves to soften and moisturise the skin.